Tuesday 26 April 2011

OUGD104 End of Module Evaluation


OUGD104 End of Module Evaluation

BA (Hons.) GRAPHIC DESIGN - LEVEL 4 
Module Code - OUGD104
Module Title – Visual Language
End of Module Self Evaluation
Name - Michael Mooney
Blog - you're on it

1.  What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

I feel that whilst I may not have completed as much work as I wish I had done, I have developed skills in terms of generating ideas and keeping things simple. Whereas before I felt almost unable to obtain one solid idea, I feel a great deal more confident in selecting one concept and idea and continuing with it. I have also realised that I am able to draw - I was under the impression that my drawing skills were not up to standard, but I have gained a great deal of confidence in this area.

2. What approaches to/methods of research have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?  


I enjoyed studying the work of other artists and designers who have also created sequential artwork, this process inspired me greatly and left me with a large number of ideas. I do however wish I had taken out more time to study other work.

3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?  


I have realised that I do have a strength in terms of drawing and illustrating, a skill I had not realised I possessed. Unfortunately due to certain circumstances through the Easter holidays I did not draw as much as I could have done, which I am quite upset about. I definitely wish to pursue this activity further however in future briefs.
4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these more fully?

My persistent lack of organisation and time management, and due to this, I was less able to identify weaknesses in my work. Generally my software skills leave something to be desired, and so I will practise further when I have a Mac of my own. 

5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these? 


1 - Start immediately, and do not stop until I have reached the stage I was aiming for
2 - Manage my time better, and not land a job just before the Easter holidays
3 - Get my work out in the open, show people, publicise myself and my work, as I am wasting my time otherwise
4 - Get more involved with photography, as it provides a bank of imagery for me to work with, which I do not have at the present stage.
5 - KISS - 'Keep it simple stupid'........can't remember who thought that one up but it works.

6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
(please indicate using an ‘x’) 

5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor

1
2
3
4
5
Attendance


x


Punctuality


x


Motivation
x




Commitment


x


Quantity of work produced

x



Quality of work produced




x
Contribution to the group

x



No comments:

Post a Comment