Monday 6 February 2012

60 seconds


60 seconds + audio from Mike Mooney on Vimeo.




Completed a semi-first draft type thing for my title sequence. At the beginning of this brief, I was quite worried about how I would manage to fill 60 seconds worth of video, but after getting started it was not too bad. 60 seconds still feels a bit long for a title sequence..particularly on TV where most adverts/sequences only seem to last half that time.

Without proper feedback I am unable to tell how close to completion this is, although I have already identified a number of issues that could do with addressing:

- In the initial 10/15 seconds the colours of the CMI screen compared to the logo do not match; although this will be fairly easy to sort by fixing up the original AI files.

- The audio does not match at certain points - despite my best efforts to arrange everything to fit in time with the chosen track, the track is in fact ever so slightly slower than what it needs to be. This is a result of me creating the title sequence in the wrong order; realistically I should have laid the track down first before animation, so I could have animated it directly in time, but this will be a lesson learnt for next time. To be fair I can easily solve this situation by opening up the track in Ableton and speeding it up ever so slightly.

- Wrong section of audio track used - Although the section of track used is approximately 60 seconds in length; it sounds a bit flat as there are only trebles and mids at that point in the track....so once again if I open it up in Ableton and cut and paste a few parts of the track together I should be able to get a nice range and deep sound.

Other than that, it seems pretty sweet. I've been thinking about quickly getting some circuit board imagery and allowing that to drift through the background, almost as a texture, just for a bit of extra interest as the background currently looks fairly flat and boring. Should hopefully only be a half hour job, if I've got the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment