Thursday 10 February 2011

books for book fair.

..................number 3 is the theme that I have been given.
Therefore after a short while of brainstorming and messing about I've decided that I will base my small edition of ten hot-dog fold books on the idea of triplet and swing-based rhythms in drumming, both which can be considered compound rhythms, meaning they are based around the idea of having a multiple of 3 beats in a bar instead of simple beats which would be multiples of two. Of course there are hundreds and thousands of variations, and of course these swung beats can be incorporated into 4/4 signatures and whatnot. and vice versa. but basically I'm planning to make some sort of simple booklet aimed at those who are interesting in learning some alternative rhythms, or even those who have never played drums but would like to get involved........

No comments:

Post a Comment