Thursday 10 February 2011

book title type


running on the idea of triplets and whatever I spent some time messing around with this typeface I found....called Park Lane I think......it caught my eye straight away due to its similarity with musical scores, so it was an obvious contender. I initially drew this out by hand and then switched it up to digital, which looks somewhat less desirable than the original, which I'll upload at some point. 

Problems I noticed straight away were that the second 't' is too cramped and therefore becomes slightly less legible....looks more like 'triples' at the moment. I don't even know if 'triplets' is a good title word at the moment. The 's' has been slightly distorted as well, and this is why I often hate computers for how impossible it seems to just do something really simple. long. I wouldn't mind throwing in a couple of compound time signatures in the middle of the p where the e begins, on the score. Just for some subtle musical references.

No comments:

Post a Comment