Tuesday 15 February 2011

colour postcards











images made for the postcards for the Photoshop colour theory brief. Manipulating images taken in Visual Language sessions with regards to the colour red. Definitely did not spend as much time working on these as I should of, but that's a lesson learnt for next time.

 All of them are placed on 410x148mm canvases in Photoshop, before the background layer is duplicated. One layer I made black and white, whilst the other I coloured red and altered Saturation, Contrast and Exposure levels to achieve interesting effects. Following this I combined the two layers through use of a circle.



I'm enjoying this one quite a lot, could be combined with some type to make a quirky, slightly retro poster design. Some nice Helvetica maybe..........something to try in future I reckon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment