Wednesday 11 January 2012

A couple of tests....

A couple of experiments for one of my 'Collide' animations; one where half the word stacks onto the other half, causing the tower of letters to topple over. First I had to figure out how to a word consisting of multiple layers rotate through 90 degrees; I made some quarter circle paths on illustrator and used these to direct the letters. There is perhaps a simpler way of doing this but I'm not sure at the moment. The video looks deceptively simple, unfortunately, despite the efforts taken to make it:


90 degree rotation//multiple layers test from Mike Mooney on Vimeo.




I also tested a couple of techniques in order to make the letters bounce off each other:

Bouncing collision test 1 from Mike Mooney on Vimeo.




Bouncing Collision test 2 from Mike Mooney on Vimeo.




I feel the second version is a little more pleasing. By combining this with the rotation of the first video, I should be able to complete the 5 second sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment