Thursday 12 May 2011

Speaking from Experience - creating the flowchart...part one.

I thought I'd attempt a mock up of how the flowchart poster might look, whilst I wait for the research results to come in. I started doing it on quite a vague and very general level, something which would accommodate a large audience. However once I have more facts and opinions, I'll be able to alter it accordingly.


This was a basic layout drawn up from my plans earlier. Of course it looks incredibly plain right now, I'm just going to keep it black and white for the crit tomorrow, just as to not complicate any feedback with issues about colour schemes and other stuff like that. 


A few ideas for the title of the poster...I was looking for something bold and informative, obviously. I tried them out below, oh, and I reversed the colours, as I think it looks more attractive that way, and stands out further.


Telegrafico: I quite liked this typeface at first, but upon staring at them at length to the point where they became shapes and not meaningful objects, I kind of started hating it. Seems like it's trying too hard.  


US 1.0.1.: Good, just not as loud as the next one. 


League Gothic: Old faithful, I love it and I know quite a few others who love it, it's big, bold, shouty, hard, you know, it carries the connotations of going out quite well. I think. Obviously I'm going to have to pick up some feedback tomorrow, and also try out a few more typefaces, and sizes etc.


Creating some arrows to use around the flowchart.





 Starting to put together some of the main titles and stuff.



After messing around for a fair while with titles and arrows and whatnot, it's beginning to shape up a little like this. It's primitive and flawed at the moment, but it's a start. I could picture it up on the wall of a first years' kitchen perhaps...

No comments:

Post a Comment