Wednesday 9 November 2011

lower case










Did a lower case today for my typeface. I used the same grid but used a smaller part of it, approximately to the ratio of 1.618. or 1.62, seeing as that's what I rounded it up to to make the typeface. Actually I'm not sure that it is, I just used the part which I felt would make it look good, as I'm kind of getting to the point where whenever I look at this Golden Ratio thing it looks less and less golden. And obviously, being lower case, some of the widths and heights of the letters vary. Here it is:












I can't decide whether the letterforms are a little too thin, ir maybe it's because I haven't given them any real spacing as of yet.

Here it looks as a proper typeface (minus the extra glyphs, which I am moving onto next):




Fairly happy with it so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment