Thursday 10 November 2011

Potentially finished typeface


At long last I have a complete set of letterforms, uppercase, lowercase, numbers and glyphs.
I'm fairly happy with it at the moment but I'll have to give it a few test runs with some sentences and try combining it with a few other graphic elements like photographs perhaps. I'll do that and get some opinions, and hopefully very soon I'll have a complete set containing three different weights, which I can convert to a proper OpenType format, or PostScript format, whichever one is recommended to me...I have a feeling OpenType is a pretty common one these days. I'll have to look into that.

I feel like I should be making an italic set as well, but realistically this project is focussing on designing for print, as opposed to making typefaces. So from now on I'm going to investigate various ways in which I can publish and promote the typeface; I'll throw it around with a few ideas and see what I can come up with. At the most basic level I'm thinking of combining it with some images on promotional postcards, plus of course creating some kind of publication to view it in (the publication being my original intent for this project anyway....)

No comments:

Post a Comment